The verbs for take and bring can be confusing. The verb compliments are especially important for giving meaning to these verbs.
拿 -- (bring, take, grab, get, hold) [by hand]
拿來 -- bring
拿去 -- take
帶 -- (bring, take) [along with you]
帶來 -- bring
帶去 -- take
抬 -- lift (heavy objects)
提 -- lift (raise smaller objects)
拿 is to take something by hand, something small that you bring with you by hand.
帶 is take something along, something with you such as a person or animal.
媽媽,餅乾放太高了。請把餅乾拿給我。
[Mom, I can't reach the cookies. Please get me them].
服務員把菜拿來拿去。一直找不到應該拿到哪個桌子去。
[The waiter has taken that dish everywhere. He's been unable to find what table it's for].
你可不可以幫我把我書本拿來?
[Could you bring me my book?].
他一個人抬不了這張桌子。
[He's unable to lift the table himself].
提行李放在車後箱。
[Lift up the luggage and put it in the trunk].
拿給我。
[Get that for me].
我搬到加州的時候,沒有把我貓帶來。
[When I moved to California I didn't bring my cat with me].
帶我去地下室。
[Take me to the basement].
Both 拿 and 帶 can be used on some similar objects, but with slightly different meanings.
你帶什么菜?
[What dishes are you bringing?].
去廚房把菜拿來。
[Go bring the dishes from the kitchen.]
我不要吃這道菜。把它帶走。
[I'm not eating this. Take it away!].
我們沒有叫這道菜。把它拿走。
[We didn't order this dish. Take it away].
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment